Monday, August 17, 2009

Powerpoint Presentations


Power point is one of my favourite classroom tools I created a presentation to show a special education class a board game I created to build self esteem I have emphasized and enhanced the main points in my presentation by using graphics, animation, and sound. To cater to the diverse learning needs of the students in my class. It added flair to my presentation with animated effects.
Presentations can be used to make lessons more organized and flexible. Text on a PowerPoint presentation is much easier for students to read than trying to read notes that are written on an overhead projector or chalkboard. Student interest can be stimulated through the use of graphics and cartoons. Variety is the key to keeping the attention of students. Many tools are available for use with PowerPoint, so it was a lot of fun to experiment to see what worked best.
PowerPoint is a wonderful tool for learning in both a student and teacher-directed situation. It can add a new dimension to learning allowing teachers to explain abstract concepts, while accommodating all learning styles. Used properly, PowerPoint can be one of the most powerful tools for disseminating information ever known. Employed inappropriately, PowerPoint could potentially confuse students and make learning a difficult process (teachnology 2009).

No comments:

Post a Comment