Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Youtube

I have recently finished an assessment piece for SOSE titled "Where do I Live" which incorporated the use of Google Earth. Students were to find their local area along with landmarks, roads and surrounding towns and map out routes to varying locations from their home and school. I found Google Earth to be an invaluable tool for this task. I searched Youtube for an appropriate video to introduce Google Earth to my students and eventually found one that was at a level that they could comprehend. I then found out that Youtube could not be accessed in a school environment. Youtube is the third most popular site on the Web, yet school authorities block it due to child safety and security risks.

This is the URL for my chosen Youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuJwarqTLQA

No comments:

Post a Comment